Finalists announced at the IV International Composition Competition “Appassionato Ensemble” 2020
Today, September 28, 2020, the members of the jury, Mehdi Khayami (Iran), Sofia Avramidou (Greece) and Umberto Pedraglio (Italy), chaired by Alessandro Solbiati (Italy) selected the finalist scores of the 4th International Composition Competition “Appassionato Ensemble” 2020.
We received 87 scores from 25 countries from all over the world.
Below is the list of the selected finalist scores:
- “Andante luminoso I” for flute, violin and cello, by Sunghyun Lee (South Korea);
- “A raid on the inarticulate” for flute, clarinet, violin, cello and piano, by Francesco Mariotti (Italy);
- “Don’t be rude, kids” for violin, cello and piano, by Hyeokjae Kim (South Korea – Austria);
- “If we had not get divided” for flute, violin and cello, by Akin Kilis (Turkey);
- “7 etudes in variation form” for violin, cello and piano, by Luca Vago (Italy).
The five finalist scores will be performed on December 13, 2020, at the Villa Olmo Grand Hall in Como, during the final evening of Como Contemporary Festival 2020. At the end of the concert the Jury will meet to select the winner. The prize-giving ceremony will be held at the end of the concert.
Our congratulations go to the five finalist authors, who will be our valued guests in Como during Como Contemporary Festival 2020. Accommodation for the finalists has been made possible also by the generous contributions of Comune di Como and Cassa Rurale ed Artigiana di Cantù BCC.
Finally, a special thanks goes to the Jury for the intense work done and for the commitment and passion with which they selected the finalists from all the scores received.
Con il contributo di
Under the patronage of